Link… Wake up!
The holder of the Triforce of Courage, the Champion of Hyrule, Link awakens from a hundred-year sleep with no memory of what happened. As he journeys across Hyrule, he meets people from his past, much older than when they last met, who help him to remember. The journey is made somewhat smoother once Link finds and tames a wild horse – the land of Hyrule is a vast expanse.
Using the Link (Rider) amiibo in-game in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will give the player various food items and weapons, as well as a traveller’s bridal or saddle (exclusive to amiibo use), and may randomly spawn Epona, Link’s beloved horse. Epona’s top speed is a little higher than horses tamed in-game, making the journey between shrines and divine beasts pass a little faster. The amiibo can be used in-game once per day.
- Touch your amiibo figure to the Wii U GamePad controller to bring it to life in the game
- Train your amiibo to supercharge its stats and expand its abilities
- Customize special moves for your amiibo
- Take your amiibo to a friend’s house and pit your amiibo against your friends’ amiibo figures
- Fight against your own amiibo to teach it new tactics
- Team up with your amiibo and fight together
- Send your amiibo into battle against your friend
- Switch (right Joy-Con)
- New Nintendo 3DS (lower screen)
- New Nintendo 3DS XL (lower screen)
- WiiU (gamepad, left side under d-pad)
- Compatible via NFC Reader/Writer accessory (sold separately):
- Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo 3DS XL
- Nintendo 2DS
- Each amiibo figure can store 1 character profile